Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Recharging

Today I didn't bring any gold stars with me on my morning travels. Instead, I plugged in to me, recharged my batteries to better focus. I had to get a grip on myself in order to give another day.

I danced and leaped and did cartwheels in the park, broken glass be damned. Beautiful blue sky overhead, birds chirping in the trees, I twirled and twirled and twirled.

I have recently rediscovered, or maybe discovered anew (I can't remember for sure) my love of cartwheels. They take a fair amount of faith, especially when approaching 40. The directions for trying to do cartwheels on wikiHow also apply to trying to live:

**If you aren't confident trying on your own, find a 'spotter.'

**Try it downhill!

**If you don't get it at first, don't be frustrated! It takes time and practice. Don't get discouraged if you can't do it on even the tenth try.

**Be careful and try not to hurt yourself!!!!

**Always try your best and persevere.

**It will get better once you practice a lot.

Do try. On something soft at first, and maybe with a spotter. And don't be too hard on yourself if at first you don't succeed. But try. They're really, really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment