Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Trusted Tarot

Gold star for the Tarot. It is never shy of giving the hard advice. It doesn't have to sugarcoat anything. It knows, and you know it knows, and no one's playing games. Friends can be like that too, but then, if you are a salesman, like I am, you can always convince them to stand behind whatever stupid thing you're thinking even while knowing it's not right. No such luck with the Tarot. You cannot trick it. The conversation is one way and straight up.

Take the other day, for example. My Tarot card was The Five of Cups, a card that signifies loss. The interpretation was adamant: "stop crying and look in another direction for happiness. Get over hurt, and then pick up remaining cups and carry on." Wow. Nice. True. I always say that the first thing I do when I'm upset is to dry the tears and plan a party. The Five of Cups is a good reminder of that.

Today's card, the Ace of Swords, is similarly aggressive in its stance that those who get the card, "stop fooling ourselves and look into the crux of the matters of our soul." It also suggests aligning oneself and focusing with clarity on the issues at hand after a bout of disillusionment. I love that. Alignment is as important in life as it is at the gym. It is good to remember that.

I am not one to take advice easily from others, I am stubborn like that. I need someone to be a stronger salesman than I, and I am pretty good, if I do say so myself. But I seek advice from everywhere, I gather information from many sources every day in my search for answers. The Tarot is one trusted source as, in interpreting its symbols, there are many signs to read and adhere to on your road.

No comments:

Post a Comment